Gas tragedy victims to gherao MP CM`s residence o
Bhopal: Bhopal Gas Tragedy survivors plan to gherao MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s residence on December 3, which is the 28th death anniversary of the world`s worst industrial disaster in protest against non-fulfilment of promises made by him last year.
The survivors will gather at Yaadgar-e-Shahjejani Park and march towards the chief Minister`s residence in protest against inaction on the gas tragedy which occurred during the intervening night of December 2-3 in 1984, killing thousands of people and maiming lakh of others.
"The Chief Minister had promised to take measures to address issues like compensation, criminal case against Union Carbide, medical rehabilitation and environmental damage caused to the city, but nothing happened since then," Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sanghthan`s Convenor Abdul Jabbar told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University