Gas victims threaten to hold `Bhopal Olympics`
Bhopal: Demanding that the London Olympic Games
Committee should reject Dow Chemical`s sponsorship, five
organisations working for the Bhopal gas victims on Friday said
that otherwise they would organise "Bhopal Olympics" to
coincide with the London Olympics in 2012 in which the
disables from Bhopal would take part.
Holding protests on Friday on the anniversary of Bhopal gas
tragedy, the organisations working for the gas victims said
that children with congenital disabilities caused by Union
Carbide`s `poisons` and Vietnamese children hurt by Dow`s
`Agent Orange` would participate in the "Bhopal Olympics".
As part of the protests against Dow Chemicals` sponsorhip
of 2012 Olympics, the victims today set afire effigies of
chairman of London Organising Committee for Olympic Games,
Lord Sebastian Coe and Indian Olympic Association Chairman,
Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
The protest was organised by Bhopal Group for
Information and Action, Gas Peedit Mahila Stationary
Karmchari Sangh, Bhopal Gas Peedit Nirashrit Pension Bhogi
Sangarsh Morcha, Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Purush Morcha and
Children Against Dow Chemicals.
The protestors took out a march to the defunct Union
Carbide factory where they set afire the effigies of Coe and
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended