Gas victims threaten to hold `Bhopal Olympics`
Bhopal: Demanding that the London Olympic Games
Committee should reject Dow Chemical`s sponsorship, five
organisations working for the Bhopal gas victims on Friday said
that otherwise they would organise "Bhopal Olympics" to
coincide with the London Olympics in 2012 in which the
disables from Bhopal would take part.
Holding protests on Friday on the anniversary of Bhopal gas
tragedy, the organisations working for the gas victims said
that children with congenital disabilities caused by Union
Carbide`s `poisons` and Vietnamese children hurt by Dow`s
`Agent Orange` would participate in the "Bhopal Olympics".
As part of the protests against Dow Chemicals` sponsorhip
of 2012 Olympics, the victims today set afire effigies of
chairman of London Organising Committee for Olympic Games,
Lord Sebastian Coe and Indian Olympic Association Chairman,
Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
The protest was organised by Bhopal Group for
Information and Action, Gas Peedit Mahila Stationary
Karmchari Sangh, Bhopal Gas Peedit Nirashrit Pension Bhogi
Sangarsh Morcha, Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Purush Morcha and
Children Against Dow Chemicals.
The protestors took out a march to the defunct Union
Carbide factory where they set afire the effigies of Coe and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission bonanza: Where you can invest your money wisely
- Sensex reclaims 27,000-mark, zooms over 250 points as voting begins in Britain's EU referendum
- Man Utd legend Paul Scholes to play at the Premier Futsal league in India
- EPL: Leicester striker Jamie Vardy agrees new contract with Premier League champions
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs