Gaur miffed with Scindia over move to shift NID to Gwalior
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Urban
Administration and Development Minister, Babulal Gaur is
miffed with the Union Minister of State for Commerce and
Industry, Jyotiraditya Scindia for the move to shift the
National Institute of Design (NID) from Bhopal to Gwalior.
The Minister said in a statement that the proposal to
set up the NID at Bhopal was initiated when he was Madhya
Pradesh Minister for Commerce and Industry in 2006.
Gaur said that at the time he had got the setting up
of the NID at Bhopal approved from the then Union Minister of
Commerce and Industry, Kamalnath.
He said that following this approval, the state
governmet had allotted 12 hectares of land for the proposed
NID at village Acharpura near here.
The Minister said that Scindia became Union Minister
of State for Commerce and Industries after the 2009 Lok Sabha
elections and this changed the whole thing.
Gaur said that the secretary of the Union Commerce and
Industries Minister, wrote in a letter on October 16 last year
that since the NID would now be opened at Gwalior, the State
Government should allot land for it there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site