Get ready for decisive fight against BJP in MP: Digvijay
Sagar (MP): Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday called upon party workers to get ready for a "decisive" fight against the ruling BJP in the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh has failed to do anything meaningful for the people. It’s time for party workers to remain united and get ready for a "decisive" fight against the BJP in the Assembly polls due in 2013-end, he said.
The Congress General Secretary was addressing a rally of party workers organised here against what they called increasing cases of crime against women, especially rape, in the state.
The issue of Chief Ministership, if the Congress wins the elections, will be decided only after the Assembly polls, Singh maintained.
The Congress leader hit out at social activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev, saying their agitations were bereft of any substance.
The former Chief Minister lauded the UPA Government for introducing the RTI Act, saying the landmark legislation had helped in unearthing corruption at various levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days