Get ready for decisive fight against BJP in MP: Digvijay
Sagar (MP): Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday called upon party workers to get ready for a "decisive" fight against the ruling BJP in the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh has failed to do anything meaningful for the people. It’s time for party workers to remain united and get ready for a "decisive" fight against the BJP in the Assembly polls due in 2013-end, he said.
The Congress General Secretary was addressing a rally of party workers organised here against what they called increasing cases of crime against women, especially rape, in the state.
The issue of Chief Ministership, if the Congress wins the elections, will be decided only after the Assembly polls, Singh maintained.
The Congress leader hit out at social activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev, saying their agitations were bereft of any substance.
The former Chief Minister lauded the UPA Government for introducing the RTI Act, saying the landmark legislation had helped in unearthing corruption at various levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review