Get ready for decisive fight against BJP in MP: Digvijay
Sagar (MP): Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday called upon party workers to get ready for a "decisive" fight against the ruling BJP in the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh has failed to do anything meaningful for the people. It’s time for party workers to remain united and get ready for a "decisive" fight against the BJP in the Assembly polls due in 2013-end, he said.
The Congress General Secretary was addressing a rally of party workers organised here against what they called increasing cases of crime against women, especially rape, in the state.
The issue of Chief Ministership, if the Congress wins the elections, will be decided only after the Assembly polls, Singh maintained.
The Congress leader hit out at social activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev, saying their agitations were bereft of any substance.
The former Chief Minister lauded the UPA Government for introducing the RTI Act, saying the landmark legislation had helped in unearthing corruption at various levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal