Get ready for decisive fight against BJP in MP: Digvijay
Sagar (MP): Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday called upon party workers to get ready for a "decisive" fight against the ruling BJP in the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh has failed to do anything meaningful for the people. It’s time for party workers to remain united and get ready for a "decisive" fight against the BJP in the Assembly polls due in 2013-end, he said.
The Congress General Secretary was addressing a rally of party workers organised here against what they called increasing cases of crime against women, especially rape, in the state.
The issue of Chief Ministership, if the Congress wins the elections, will be decided only after the Assembly polls, Singh maintained.
The Congress leader hit out at social activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev, saying their agitations were bereft of any substance.
The former Chief Minister lauded the UPA Government for introducing the RTI Act, saying the landmark legislation had helped in unearthing corruption at various levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report