Get ready for decisive fight against BJP in MP: Digvijay
Sagar (MP): Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday called upon party workers to get ready for a "decisive" fight against the ruling BJP in the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh has failed to do anything meaningful for the people. It’s time for party workers to remain united and get ready for a "decisive" fight against the BJP in the Assembly polls due in 2013-end, he said.
The Congress General Secretary was addressing a rally of party workers organised here against what they called increasing cases of crime against women, especially rape, in the state.
The issue of Chief Ministership, if the Congress wins the elections, will be decided only after the Assembly polls, Singh maintained.
The Congress leader hit out at social activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev, saying their agitations were bereft of any substance.
The former Chief Minister lauded the UPA Government for introducing the RTI Act, saying the landmark legislation had helped in unearthing corruption at various levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today