Girl cooks up abduction, rape story to escape family wrath
Indore: A 15-year-old girl concocted story about her abduction and rape to escape her family`s wrath for having gone out with her boyfriend, police said on Thursday.
The schoolgirl told the police she was abducted and raped by a van driver and his two associates on January 14. Based on her complaint, police filed a case against three unidentified persons.
During investigation, police found contradictions in her story. Her medical examination also negated the rape theory.
On questioning, the Class X student admitted she had cooked up the story of her abduction and rape to escape the fury of her family members, who were angry with her for having gone out with her boyfriend, Dharamendra Parihar (24).
Parihar has been arrested on kidnapping charges since the girl is a minor, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out the cheapest, most expensive five-star rooms in the world
- Video: Watch Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli doing 'Bhangra'
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike