Girl cooks up abduction, rape story to escape family wrath
Indore: A 15-year-old girl concocted story about her abduction and rape to escape her family`s wrath for having gone out with her boyfriend, police said on Thursday.
The schoolgirl told the police she was abducted and raped by a van driver and his two associates on January 14. Based on her complaint, police filed a case against three unidentified persons.
During investigation, police found contradictions in her story. Her medical examination also negated the rape theory.
On questioning, the Class X student admitted she had cooked up the story of her abduction and rape to escape the fury of her family members, who were angry with her for having gone out with her boyfriend, Dharamendra Parihar (24).
Parihar has been arrested on kidnapping charges since the girl is a minor, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'