Girl cooks up story to escape family wrath
Indore: A 15-year-old girl concocted story about her abduction and rape to escape her family`s wrath for having gone out with her boyfriend, police said on Friday.
The schoolgirl told the police she was abducted and raped by a van driver and his two associates on January 14. Based on her complaint, police filed a case against three unidentified persons.
During investigation, police found contradictions in her story. Her medical examination also negated the rape theory.
On questioning, the Class X student admitted she had cooked up the story of her abduction and rape to escape the fury of her family members, who were angry with her for having gone out with her boyfriend, Dharamendra Parihar (24).
Parihar has been arrested on kidnapping charges since the girl is a minor, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31