Girl cooks up story to escape family wrath
Indore: A 15-year-old girl concocted story about her abduction and rape to escape her family`s wrath for having gone out with her boyfriend, police said on Friday.
The schoolgirl told the police she was abducted and raped by a van driver and his two associates on January 14. Based on her complaint, police filed a case against three unidentified persons.
During investigation, police found contradictions in her story. Her medical examination also negated the rape theory.
On questioning, the Class X student admitted she had cooked up the story of her abduction and rape to escape the fury of her family members, who were angry with her for having gone out with her boyfriend, Dharamendra Parihar (24).
Parihar has been arrested on kidnapping charges since the girl is a minor, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket