Girl cooks up story to escape family wrath
Indore: A 15-year-old girl concocted story about her abduction and rape to escape her family`s wrath for having gone out with her boyfriend, police said on Friday.
The schoolgirl told the police she was abducted and raped by a van driver and his two associates on January 14. Based on her complaint, police filed a case against three unidentified persons.
During investigation, police found contradictions in her story. Her medical examination also negated the rape theory.
On questioning, the Class X student admitted she had cooked up the story of her abduction and rape to escape the fury of her family members, who were angry with her for having gone out with her boyfriend, Dharamendra Parihar (24).
Parihar has been arrested on kidnapping charges since the girl is a minor, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi