Girl ends life after mother stops her from eating out
Bhopal: A college student allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison after her mother stopped her from going out to have a road side snack, police said on Monday.
The deceased, Shabina (25), a B.Com student of Geetanjali College residing in Congress Nagar in the old city area, was apparently miffed with her mother after the latter did not allow her to go out with her friend to have `pani-puri` on Saturday evening.
Later, Shabina took the extreme step by consuming an insecticide, they said.
Her parents rushed her to hospital but she could not be saved. The deceased did not leave any suicide note, they said.
A case was registered in this connection yesterday with the Teela Jamalpura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok