Good for Congress if decisions taken at state level: Rahul Gandhi
Bhopal: Asserting that the practice of leaving decisions to the "high command" needs to be done away with, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said that it will be good for the party if they are taken at state level.
Interacting with a select group of Congress leaders and workers in the city, Gandhi said party members must understand that they have to fight for their rights.
"The Congress as I see, does not belong to me or to you, but it belongs to the whole country," he said.
He said that there was a time when all sections of society including minorities and weaker classes were with the Congress, but many of them have drifted away from the party.
Efforts are needed to ensure that they come back to Congress, he said.
Gandhi added that the party also needs to learn from its mistakes during the last two assembly elections held in 2003 and 2008.
Meanwhile, officials in state capital Itanagar said they had no reports of fresh intrusions by Chinese soldiers in Arunachal Pradesh who had violated the Line of Actual Control at least four times in the state in 2011.
Officials of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) too denied knowledge of fresh Chinese incursions.
"The border in Arunachal Pradesh is not demarcated, and many strategic points take three days` foot march to reach from the nearest stations. Even if Chinese soldiers entered our areas in our momentary absence on the border, they have not left any signs for confirmation," an ITBP officer said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President