Govt raises financial backing under health scheme
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Government has decided to increase the amount for treatment under Deendayal Antyodaya Upchar Yojana for BPL families from Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000.
The decision to this effect was taken yesterday at a meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, an official release said here today, adding that so far 28 lakh people have benefited under the said scheme.
The cabinet also endorsed a policy for contractual appointments of retired officers and employees in all departments.
As per the policy, a retired officer or an employee can be hired on a contract up to completion of 65 years of age. On attaining 65, he would become ineligible to continue the
However, in the departments where UGC/MIC norms are applicable, the contract period can be extended by five years beyond the stipulated age limit, whereas the departments, where
superannuation age is 65 years and UGC/MIC norms not applicable the maximum extension will be two years for the contractual appointment.
The scheme was launched with an objective to provide free treatment and investigation facility to patients belonging to BPL families, who are hospitalized in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!