Govt raises financial backing under health scheme
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Government has decided to increase the amount for treatment under Deendayal Antyodaya Upchar Yojana for BPL families from Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000.
The decision to this effect was taken yesterday at a meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, an official release said here today, adding that so far 28 lakh people have benefited under the said scheme.
The cabinet also endorsed a policy for contractual appointments of retired officers and employees in all departments.
As per the policy, a retired officer or an employee can be hired on a contract up to completion of 65 years of age. On attaining 65, he would become ineligible to continue the
However, in the departments where UGC/MIC norms are applicable, the contract period can be extended by five years beyond the stipulated age limit, whereas the departments, where
superannuation age is 65 years and UGC/MIC norms not applicable the maximum extension will be two years for the contractual appointment.
The scheme was launched with an objective to provide free treatment and investigation facility to patients belonging to BPL families, who are hospitalized in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video