Govt refused to accept our conditions to break impasse: Advani
Bhopal: BJP leader LK Advani on Monday blamed the government for the deadlock in Parliament on coal allocation issue, saying that it refused to accept the two conditions set by the main opposition party.
"Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had spelt out two conditions for breaking the logjam (in Parliament) when Congress president Sonia Gandhi called her," Advani said.
The two demands were scrapping of allocation of 145 coal blocks and an impartial probe, Advani said.
"However, Soniaji called her again to say she is going abroad for her treatment, and had assigned the job of finding solution to break the logjam to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde," he said.
Later, the Home Minister called Swaraj and told her that it was difficult to meet these two conditions, because of which the impasse continued today, Advani claimed.
"As far as the issue of (resignation of) Prime Minister is concerned, BJP has not diluted its stand on the issue as it is associated with the coal scam and not the logjam in Parliament.
"There cannot be one set of rules for Maran and Raja (DMK Ministers who were forced to quit in 2G scam) and another for the Prime Minister and Ministers of Congress. This is not acceptable to the country," Advani said.
The veteran BJP leader was speaking to reporters after flagging off a special train under the Mukhya Mantri Teerth Darshan Yojna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand