Govt refused to accept our conditions to break impasse: Advani
Bhopal: BJP leader LK Advani on Monday blamed the government for the deadlock in Parliament on coal allocation issue, saying that it refused to accept the two conditions set by the main opposition party.
"Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had spelt out two conditions for breaking the logjam (in Parliament) when Congress president Sonia Gandhi called her," Advani said.
The two demands were scrapping of allocation of 145 coal blocks and an impartial probe, Advani said.
"However, Soniaji called her again to say she is going abroad for her treatment, and had assigned the job of finding solution to break the logjam to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde," he said.
Later, the Home Minister called Swaraj and told her that it was difficult to meet these two conditions, because of which the impasse continued today, Advani claimed.
"As far as the issue of (resignation of) Prime Minister is concerned, BJP has not diluted its stand on the issue as it is associated with the coal scam and not the logjam in Parliament.
"There cannot be one set of rules for Maran and Raja (DMK Ministers who were forced to quit in 2G scam) and another for the Prime Minister and Ministers of Congress. This is not acceptable to the country," Advani said.
The veteran BJP leader was speaking to reporters after flagging off a special train under the Mukhya Mantri Teerth Darshan Yojna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested