Grandmother abandons malnourished girl at hospital
Jhabua: A shocking incident of a three-year-old highly malnourished girl being abandoned by her grandmother at the civil hospital in Madhya Pradesh`s tribal-dominated Jhabua district has come to the light.
Anita`s grandmother Leelabai left her at the hospital as she lacked the resources to take care of the child on the night of April 03 in a highly malnourished state, hospital sources said today.
The child was left in the care of her grandmother by her labourer parents who have gone to Gujarat in search of employment.
The parents of the girl hailed from Fuledi village under Megh Nagar block of the district, the sources said. At present, Anita is being looked after by the staff of the Women and Child Development Department.
The in-charge of the Children`s ward Dr I S Chouhan said that police have been informed about the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?