Gwalior: Prisoner using Facebook in jail?
Bhopal: The authorities at a jail in Gwalior have ordered a probe after a prisoner was found regularly updating his Facebook profile even though inmates are not supposed to have access to computers.
Durgesh Bhadouria, 33, now serving the fourth year of his life term in Gwalior central jail for killing his wife, was on Sunday found to be using Facebook and making friends on the social networking site despite being inside jail.
The probe was ordered on Monday.
His Facebook profile claims that he was a student of `IIT-M` and an employee of `Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)`. It was last updated as recently as April 7.
Jail authorities acknowledged that they used to take his help for computer operations as they were short staffed and knew that Bhadouria could trouble shoot computer problems.
But they also pointed out that Bhadouria has been out on parole several times due to his good conduct, the last time being in March. In Madhya Pradesh, an inmate with good conduct could be allowed to go out on parole after serving term for two years.
Bhadouria`s Facebook profile shows it was made June 29, 2010 when he was already in jail.
However, Jail Superintendent DS Alawa claims that it was created when he was on parole. The jail authorities claim there was no internet connection in the prison at that time.
Bhadouria has more than 100 Facebook friends so far and has also posted social messages on female foeticide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof