Haj pilgrims to get 5-star level facilities at Rubaat
Bhopal: About 250 Haj pilgrims of the then Bhopal royal estate will get five-star like facilities this year at Rubaat (guest house) in Saudi Arabia on pilgrimage.
Late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi`s daughter Saba Sultan, who is the Mutawalli (custodian) of Auqaf-e-Shahi (royal properties), had recently de-centralised its work and formed a five-member executive board to solve all its issues, including the Rubaat problems at Mecca and Madina in Saudi Arabia.
Saba had authorised one of the executive board member, Sikandar Hafeez Khan, to look after the Rubaat problems and provide accommodations to Haj pilgrims at Saudi Arabia.
Khan, after returning from Saudi Arabia, told reporters last evening that 2014 Haj pilgrims of the erstwhile Nawab estate including Bhopal, Raisen and Sehore districts of Madhya Pradesh this time will get five-star level facilities (for food and lodging) during Haj pilgrimage.
The present Rubaat building will be demolished later this year for expansion of the Mecca, he said.
Khan said he has identified a building there and brought a proposal to purchase it in lieu of the present building which would be demolished later. The proposal has been put before Saba Sultan and after obtaining her permission to purchase the building there, it would be taken to Mecca Shahar Qazi for final approval.
As per Mecca law, no Waqf building can be purchased and no fund can be released without Qazi`s permission there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal