Haj pilgrims to get 5-star level facilities at Rubaat
Bhopal: About 250 Haj pilgrims of the then Bhopal royal estate will get five-star like facilities this year at Rubaat (guest house) in Saudi Arabia on pilgrimage.
Late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi`s daughter Saba Sultan, who is the Mutawalli (custodian) of Auqaf-e-Shahi (royal properties), had recently de-centralised its work and formed a five-member executive board to solve all its issues, including the Rubaat problems at Mecca and Madina in Saudi Arabia.
Saba had authorised one of the executive board member, Sikandar Hafeez Khan, to look after the Rubaat problems and provide accommodations to Haj pilgrims at Saudi Arabia.
Khan, after returning from Saudi Arabia, told reporters last evening that 2014 Haj pilgrims of the erstwhile Nawab estate including Bhopal, Raisen and Sehore districts of Madhya Pradesh this time will get five-star level facilities (for food and lodging) during Haj pilgrimage.
The present Rubaat building will be demolished later this year for expansion of the Mecca, he said.
Khan said he has identified a building there and brought a proposal to purchase it in lieu of the present building which would be demolished later. The proposal has been put before Saba Sultan and after obtaining her permission to purchase the building there, it would be taken to Mecca Shahar Qazi for final approval.
As per Mecca law, no Waqf building can be purchased and no fund can be released without Qazi`s permission there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report