Harassed by upper caste youths, tribal woman kills self in MP
Sagar: A tribal woman allegedly set herself on fire following harassment by upper caste youths at Semra Leharia village.
The woman took the extreme step yesterday at her house and died at a district hospital, police said.
Ranveer Singh, the victim`s relative, alleged that three upper caste youths of the village used to harass her and yesterday they had tried to molest her after entering into her house.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...