Harassed by upper caste youths, tribal woman kills self in MP
Sagar: A tribal woman allegedly set herself on fire following harassment by upper caste youths at Semra Leharia village.
The woman took the extreme step yesterday at her house and died at a district hospital, police said.
Ranveer Singh, the victim`s relative, alleged that three upper caste youths of the village used to harass her and yesterday they had tried to molest her after entering into her house.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt