Hard to understand how BJP won MP Assembly polls: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said BJP`s win during the last year`s Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections was unexpected in view of several issues like corruption and scams in the state.
"I find it very hard to understand as to how and why the BJP was able to win despite a number of problems in Madhya Pradesh," Digvijay told reporters at the Collectorate where he had gone to accompany Congress Lok Sabha election candidate from Bhopal, P C Sharma for filing of nomination.
There is rampant corruption in the state, there is a big scam in the Professional Examination Board and all sections of society are facing various kinds of problems under the BJP rule, he lamented.
However, despite the defeat in the Assembly elections, the Congress mood is upbeat and it is ready to give a good fight to BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, he said.
The BJP had won the last year`s Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections with a thumping majority by winning 165 seats in the 230-member House. The Congress managed to win only 58 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog