HC admits bail plea of ex-minister accused of sodomy
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court Tuesday admitted the bail plea of former finance minister Raghavji, who was arrested on charges of sodomy levelled by his domestic help.
Admitting the bail plea, the bench of Justice T K Kaushal directed the police to submit a case diary in the matter, Raghavji`s lawyer Raghvendra Raghuwanshi told reporters.
After hearing the plea, the court fixed July 19 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
The former minister is in judicial custody till July 22, after sodomy charges were levelled against him by his domestic help.
The petition claimed that the former minister was framed in the matter by suspended BJP leader Shiv Shankar Pateria as the latter was demanding a state-level post from him and even offered Rs one crore to him.
It further said that since Raghavji had refused to oblige him, Pateria conspired with his (Raghavji`s) servant Rajkumar to defame him.
The petition also highlighted that in his 64-year-long political career, no charges were levelled against him and the above conspiracy was hatched with a view to defame him, before the Assembly polls due later this year.
It also mentioned about his old-age and medical problems.
A case was registered against Raghavji on July 7 on the complaint of Rajkumar and later he was arrested from a flat in Koh-e-Fiza area of Bhopal.
A court in Bhopal had earlier rejected his bail plea following which he filed an application in the High Court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city