HC asks to file murder case against Rewa IG
Gwalior: The Gwalior bench of Madhya Pradesh High Court has directed that a case of murder be filed against Rewa Inspector General in connection with a 2005 fake encounter in the district.
A division bench comprising Justices N K Modi and B K Dubey gave this directive yesterday on a petition filed by the aunt of Ramesh Kamaria, who was allegedly killed in an encounter at Dabra in Gwalior, in 2005.
At that time Rewa Inspector General Gajiram Meena was the police superintendent of Gwalior district.
Apart from Meena, the other three against whom the murder case would be filed are former town inspector Ashok Bhadoria who is now DSP Umaria, then head constable Dhanendra Singh Bhadoria and constable Murari Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details