HC bans sale of liquor in plastic bottles
Jabalpur: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has imposed a ban on sale of country-made liquor in plastic bottles following a PIL in this regard.
The order to ban sale of liquor in plastic bottles was issued yesterday by the division bench of Chief Justice S A Bobade and Justice R S Jha on a PIL filed by a Narsingpur- based NGO `Prani Mitra`.
During the hearing, the government requested the High Court to grant more time to it for filing a reply in the matter but the bench rejected it.
The PIL contended that on one hand the government was making efforts to minimise the use of plastic while on the other it permitted to sale of liquor in such bottles.
The chances of liquor turning poisonous are more in plastic bottles due to the presence of alcohol. Besides, it is not possible to recycle plastic bottles which results in piling of garbage causing damage to environment, the NGO said in its plea.
During the preliminary hearing, the bench had issued notices to the concerned authorities in this regard and yesterday expressed its displeasure on the government`s attitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH