HC bans sale of liquor in plastic bottles
Jabalpur: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has imposed a ban on sale of country-made liquor in plastic bottles following a PIL in this regard.
The order to ban sale of liquor in plastic bottles was issued yesterday by the division bench of Chief Justice S A Bobade and Justice R S Jha on a PIL filed by a Narsingpur- based NGO `Prani Mitra`.
During the hearing, the government requested the High Court to grant more time to it for filing a reply in the matter but the bench rejected it.
The PIL contended that on one hand the government was making efforts to minimise the use of plastic while on the other it permitted to sale of liquor in such bottles.
The chances of liquor turning poisonous are more in plastic bottles due to the presence of alcohol. Besides, it is not possible to recycle plastic bottles which results in piling of garbage causing damage to environment, the NGO said in its plea.
During the preliminary hearing, the bench had issued notices to the concerned authorities in this regard and yesterday expressed its displeasure on the government`s attitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof