HC notice to IIM, HRD ministry on allegations against director
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court on Thursday issued notices to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore and others on a petition filed by four faculty members against a clean chit given to director N Ravichandran by a committee probing alleged financial irregularities by him.
Justice Prakash Srivastava of the Indore bench today sought replies from the IIM, Ravichandran, Union Human Resources Development Ministry and others within six weeks.
Petitioners` lawyer Vivek Dalal said the next hearing would be in July.
IIM faculty members Keyur Thaker, D L Sunder, P K Singh and S Ray have filed this petition.
Last year, the High Court had asked the HRD Ministry to inquire into the allegations. The inquiry was conducted by a panel including IIM chairman Jagdish Capoor, Salil Bhandari, T Kannan, R C Chugh and K R S Murty, and it gave clean chit to Ravichandran.
However, the petitioners claim that the committee was not an independent body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside