HC notice to IIM, HRD ministry on allegations against director
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court on Thursday issued notices to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore and others on a petition filed by four faculty members against a clean chit given to director N Ravichandran by a committee probing alleged financial irregularities by him.
Justice Prakash Srivastava of the Indore bench today sought replies from the IIM, Ravichandran, Union Human Resources Development Ministry and others within six weeks.
Petitioners` lawyer Vivek Dalal said the next hearing would be in July.
IIM faculty members Keyur Thaker, D L Sunder, P K Singh and S Ray have filed this petition.
Last year, the High Court had asked the HRD Ministry to inquire into the allegations. The inquiry was conducted by a panel including IIM chairman Jagdish Capoor, Salil Bhandari, T Kannan, R C Chugh and K R S Murty, and it gave clean chit to Ravichandran.
However, the petitioners claim that the committee was not an independent body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you