HC notice to IIM, HRD ministry on allegations against director
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court on Thursday issued notices to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore and others on a petition filed by four faculty members against a clean chit given to director N Ravichandran by a committee probing alleged financial irregularities by him.
Justice Prakash Srivastava of the Indore bench today sought replies from the IIM, Ravichandran, Union Human Resources Development Ministry and others within six weeks.
Petitioners` lawyer Vivek Dalal said the next hearing would be in July.
IIM faculty members Keyur Thaker, D L Sunder, P K Singh and S Ray have filed this petition.
Last year, the High Court had asked the HRD Ministry to inquire into the allegations. The inquiry was conducted by a panel including IIM chairman Jagdish Capoor, Salil Bhandari, T Kannan, R C Chugh and K R S Murty, and it gave clean chit to Ravichandran.
However, the petitioners claim that the committee was not an independent body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio