HC orders Lokyaukta probe against MP Agriculture Minister
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Bhopal: The Jabalpur High Court has ordered a probe by the Lokayukta against Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen in a disproportionate assets case.
The court passed the order after a petition was filed against Bisen for amassing properties disproportionate to his income.
A person named Kishore Samrite in 2012 had filed the PIL against Bisen, which accused him of indulging in corruption and amassing wealth disproportionate to his income.
The PIL says that the Agriculture Minister had amassed unaccounted wealth since 1984. It also states that Bisen has two flats in Pune in his daughter and wife`s name worth Rs 50 lakhs and 90 lakhs respectively. He also owns a land worth Rs 2.50 crore and bought a factory manufacturing sanitary pipe for Rs 90 lakhs.
Bisen is an MLA from the Balaghat constituency and was inducted into Shivraj Singh Chouhan Cabinet last year. The Bharatiya Janata Party had swept the MP Assembly elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced