HC orders Lokyaukta probe against MP Agriculture Minister
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Bhopal: The Jabalpur High Court has ordered a probe by the Lokayukta against Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen in a disproportionate assets case.
The court passed the order after a petition was filed against Bisen for amassing properties disproportionate to his income.
A person named Kishore Samrite in 2012 had filed the PIL against Bisen, which accused him of indulging in corruption and amassing wealth disproportionate to his income.
The PIL says that the Agriculture Minister had amassed unaccounted wealth since 1984. It also states that Bisen has two flats in Pune in his daughter and wife`s name worth Rs 50 lakhs and 90 lakhs respectively. He also owns a land worth Rs 2.50 crore and bought a factory manufacturing sanitary pipe for Rs 90 lakhs.
Bisen is an MLA from the Balaghat constituency and was inducted into Shivraj Singh Chouhan Cabinet last year. The Bharatiya Janata Party had swept the MP Assembly elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'