HC orders Lokyaukta probe against MP Agriculture Minister
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Bhopal: The Jabalpur High Court has ordered a probe by the Lokayukta against Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen in a disproportionate assets case.
The court passed the order after a petition was filed against Bisen for amassing properties disproportionate to his income.
A person named Kishore Samrite in 2012 had filed the PIL against Bisen, which accused him of indulging in corruption and amassing wealth disproportionate to his income.
The PIL says that the Agriculture Minister had amassed unaccounted wealth since 1984. It also states that Bisen has two flats in Pune in his daughter and wife`s name worth Rs 50 lakhs and 90 lakhs respectively. He also owns a land worth Rs 2.50 crore and bought a factory manufacturing sanitary pipe for Rs 90 lakhs.
Bisen is an MLA from the Balaghat constituency and was inducted into Shivraj Singh Chouhan Cabinet last year. The Bharatiya Janata Party had swept the MP Assembly elections last year.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in