HC orders Lokyaukta probe against MP Agriculture Minister
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Bhopal: The Jabalpur High Court has ordered a probe by the Lokayukta against Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen in a disproportionate assets case.
The court passed the order after a petition was filed against Bisen for amassing properties disproportionate to his income.
A person named Kishore Samrite in 2012 had filed the PIL against Bisen, which accused him of indulging in corruption and amassing wealth disproportionate to his income.
The PIL says that the Agriculture Minister had amassed unaccounted wealth since 1984. It also states that Bisen has two flats in Pune in his daughter and wife`s name worth Rs 50 lakhs and 90 lakhs respectively. He also owns a land worth Rs 2.50 crore and bought a factory manufacturing sanitary pipe for Rs 90 lakhs.
Bisen is an MLA from the Balaghat constituency and was inducted into Shivraj Singh Chouhan Cabinet last year. The Bharatiya Janata Party had swept the MP Assembly elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged