HC quashes lower court`s detention order against Mukhtar Malik
Jabalpur: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has quashed a lower court detention order against Mukhtar Malik for alleged anti-social activities.
Allowing a petition by Mukhtar`s wife Sheeba Malik challenging the September 2009 Bhopal district court`s order against her husband on the ground that no evidence was available with police about his anti-social activities, the HC quashed the order yesterday.
The court also ordered to release Mukhtar Malik from the custody if he was not required in other cases.
Mukhtar has been in jail for some other criminal cases registered against him under the Arms Act.
The district court had passed the order for Mukhtar`s detention in the case related to purchase and selling of land by threatening people in and around Bhopal.
He was also accused of extorting money from people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot