HC quashes lower court`s detention order against Mukhtar Malik
Jabalpur: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has quashed a lower court detention order against Mukhtar Malik for alleged anti-social activities.
Allowing a petition by Mukhtar`s wife Sheeba Malik challenging the September 2009 Bhopal district court`s order against her husband on the ground that no evidence was available with police about his anti-social activities, the HC quashed the order yesterday.
The court also ordered to release Mukhtar Malik from the custody if he was not required in other cases.
Mukhtar has been in jail for some other criminal cases registered against him under the Arms Act.
The district court had passed the order for Mukhtar`s detention in the case related to purchase and selling of land by threatening people in and around Bhopal.
He was also accused of extorting money from people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report