HC quashes lower court`s detention order against Mukhtar Malik
Jabalpur: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has quashed a lower court detention order against Mukhtar Malik for alleged anti-social activities.
Allowing a petition by Mukhtar`s wife Sheeba Malik challenging the September 2009 Bhopal district court`s order against her husband on the ground that no evidence was available with police about his anti-social activities, the HC quashed the order yesterday.
The court also ordered to release Mukhtar Malik from the custody if he was not required in other cases.
Mukhtar has been in jail for some other criminal cases registered against him under the Arms Act.
The district court had passed the order for Mukhtar`s detention in the case related to purchase and selling of land by threatening people in and around Bhopal.
He was also accused of extorting money from people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown