High Court grants female undertrial permission to abort
Indore: The Indore branch of the Madhya Pradesh High Court today granted a female inmate of the district jail here, the permission to carry out an abortion, after considering her writ and government medical reports.
On the writ petition of female undertrial Hallobaee, who faces a charge of murdering her husband, Judge S C Sharma granted permission for medical termination of her pregnancy after considering medical reports from M Y Hospital, according to her lawyer Shanno Shagufta Khan.
Khan said that permission was necessary as the undertrial petitioner was about to complete the twelfth week of her pregnancy, and after this period, there would be a legal hurdle.
Government panel lawyer Vineeta Pahe was also present during the hearing of the case.
On November 18 last year, she allegedly set her husband Usman ablaze in her house at Azad Nagar locality. She fled the city, and was later arrested by Indore police. She had alleged that her deceased husband had been forcing her into prostitution.
In early December last year, the inmate had filed a written request to the Indore District Jail Superintendent for termination of her pregnancy. The matter was later sent to court for a legal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble