High Court grants female undertrial permission to abort
Indore: The Indore branch of the Madhya Pradesh High Court today granted a female inmate of the district jail here, the permission to carry out an abortion, after considering her writ and government medical reports.
On the writ petition of female undertrial Hallobaee, who faces a charge of murdering her husband, Judge S C Sharma granted permission for medical termination of her pregnancy after considering medical reports from M Y Hospital, according to her lawyer Shanno Shagufta Khan.
Khan said that permission was necessary as the undertrial petitioner was about to complete the twelfth week of her pregnancy, and after this period, there would be a legal hurdle.
Government panel lawyer Vineeta Pahe was also present during the hearing of the case.
On November 18 last year, she allegedly set her husband Usman ablaze in her house at Azad Nagar locality. She fled the city, and was later arrested by Indore police. She had alleged that her deceased husband had been forcing her into prostitution.
In early December last year, the inmate had filed a written request to the Indore District Jail Superintendent for termination of her pregnancy. The matter was later sent to court for a legal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?