High Court grants female undertrial permission to abort
Indore: The Indore branch of the Madhya Pradesh High Court today granted a female inmate of the district jail here, the permission to carry out an abortion, after considering her writ and government medical reports.
On the writ petition of female undertrial Hallobaee, who faces a charge of murdering her husband, Judge S C Sharma granted permission for medical termination of her pregnancy after considering medical reports from M Y Hospital, according to her lawyer Shanno Shagufta Khan.
Khan said that permission was necessary as the undertrial petitioner was about to complete the twelfth week of her pregnancy, and after this period, there would be a legal hurdle.
Government panel lawyer Vineeta Pahe was also present during the hearing of the case.
On November 18 last year, she allegedly set her husband Usman ablaze in her house at Azad Nagar locality. She fled the city, and was later arrested by Indore police. She had alleged that her deceased husband had been forcing her into prostitution.
In early December last year, the inmate had filed a written request to the Indore District Jail Superintendent for termination of her pregnancy. The matter was later sent to court for a legal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge