High Court grants female undertrial permission to abort
Indore: The Indore branch of the Madhya Pradesh High Court today granted a female inmate of the district jail here, the permission to carry out an abortion, after considering her writ and government medical reports.
On the writ petition of female undertrial Hallobaee, who faces a charge of murdering her husband, Judge S C Sharma granted permission for medical termination of her pregnancy after considering medical reports from M Y Hospital, according to her lawyer Shanno Shagufta Khan.
Khan said that permission was necessary as the undertrial petitioner was about to complete the twelfth week of her pregnancy, and after this period, there would be a legal hurdle.
Government panel lawyer Vineeta Pahe was also present during the hearing of the case.
On November 18 last year, she allegedly set her husband Usman ablaze in her house at Azad Nagar locality. She fled the city, and was later arrested by Indore police. She had alleged that her deceased husband had been forcing her into prostitution.
In early December last year, the inmate had filed a written request to the Indore District Jail Superintendent for termination of her pregnancy. The matter was later sent to court for a legal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH