High Court grants female undertrial permission to abort
Indore: The Indore branch of the Madhya Pradesh High Court today granted a female inmate of the district jail here, the permission to carry out an abortion, after considering her writ and government medical reports.
On the writ petition of female undertrial Hallobaee, who faces a charge of murdering her husband, Judge S C Sharma granted permission for medical termination of her pregnancy after considering medical reports from M Y Hospital, according to her lawyer Shanno Shagufta Khan.
Khan said that permission was necessary as the undertrial petitioner was about to complete the twelfth week of her pregnancy, and after this period, there would be a legal hurdle.
Government panel lawyer Vineeta Pahe was also present during the hearing of the case.
On November 18 last year, she allegedly set her husband Usman ablaze in her house at Azad Nagar locality. She fled the city, and was later arrested by Indore police. She had alleged that her deceased husband had been forcing her into prostitution.
In early December last year, the inmate had filed a written request to the Indore District Jail Superintendent for termination of her pregnancy. The matter was later sent to court for a legal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred