High-level probe in case of attack by ex-collector`s sons in Bhopal
Bhopal: An Additional DGP level officer will conduct a probe in the matter of Datia`s former Collector GP Kabirpanthi`s sons allegedly attacking a friend in Bhopal and the subsequent filing of an FIR in Datia by the police under alleged pressure of Kabirpanthi.
This was announced by Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta in the state Assembly while replying to a query by Dr Govind Singh (Congress), during Question Hour.
Gupta said an ADGP-level officer will conduct a probe into the entire issue and if it was found that the police acted under pressure in the matter, action will be taken against the officers concerned.
Kabirpanthi`s sons Lalit Muni and Sambhav had allegedly attacked Anant Shrivastava on January 6 and issued life threats to him in the Tulsi Nagar area, following which, Anant
Filed an FIR against them in the TT Nagar police station.
After the incident, Kabirpanthi`s sons went to Datia town where their father was posted as Collector and filed an FIR in the Kotwali police station against Anant and few others.
Replying to a supplementary, Gupta also said that both Lalit Muni and Sambhav were arrested by the police, but were granted bail by the High Court.
He said that as per the report filed in Datia, Lalit suffered 13 injuries, but now the government will ask him to appear before a medical board, possibly today itself.
However, Govind Singh and others alleged that though the government has removed Kabirpanthi as Datia Collector in the recent reshuffle of IAS officials, it has not taken any action against the Superintendent of Police and other officers, who filed an FIR against the victim, under pressure of the former collector.
The Home Minister then said that if any lapses were found in the ADGP`s report, appropriate action will be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested