Hiked power tariff in MP affecting farmers hard: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress today accused Madhya Pradesh government of hiking power tariff despite rural areas in the state not getting round-the-clock electricity supply as promised under its ambitious `Atal Jyoti` scheme.
"Although there is no power in rural areas, bills with increased electricity tariff are being sent regularly," state unit Congress Vice-President Manak Agarwal said in a statement.
He alleged that Shivraj Singh Chouhan government had failed to ensure uninterrupted electricity supply it had promised under the ambitious scheme.
"Those farmers who are unable to pay inflated bills are being arrested and thrown behind bars. Some of the farmers have even committed suicide due to increased tariff," Agarwal alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed