Hiked power tariff in MP affecting farmers hard: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress today accused Madhya Pradesh government of hiking power tariff despite rural areas in the state not getting round-the-clock electricity supply as promised under its ambitious `Atal Jyoti` scheme.
"Although there is no power in rural areas, bills with increased electricity tariff are being sent regularly," state unit Congress Vice-President Manak Agarwal said in a statement.
He alleged that Shivraj Singh Chouhan government had failed to ensure uninterrupted electricity supply it had promised under the ambitious scheme.
"Those farmers who are unable to pay inflated bills are being arrested and thrown behind bars. Some of the farmers have even committed suicide due to increased tariff," Agarwal alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'