`Hindutva behind subsidy to visit Hindu temples`
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh here Friday said that it appears that there is an "Hindutva agenda" behind the decision of the BJP government to give subsidy to people in the state to visit certain religious places in foreign countries.
"It appears that there must be an Hindutva agenda behind giving subsidy to people visiting some religious places belonging to a particular community," Ajay said.
"If at all the state government wanted to subsidise such religious visits then it should do it for all the communities of the society," he said.
He also said that it would have been better if instead of giving subsidy for such visits, the government could have spent the money on the renovation of dilapidated temples and
other religious places of the state.
The state government has yesterday expanded the subsidy scheme for pilgrimage to places of religious importance situated in Sri Lanka (Sita Mata Temple and Cambodia (Angkor
Wat Temple), official sources said.
Such provisions are already in place for pilgrimage to Kailash Mansarovar (China-Tibet), Hinglaj Mata Mandir and Nankana Saheb (both in Pakistan).
The State Government will now provide 50 per cent subsidy on expenses (maximum Rs 30,000) to the state`s citizens for the journey to pilgrim centres in Sri Lanka and Cambodia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31