Hospital blames rape victim, hubby for daughter`s death
Sagar: A top medical officer of a government hospital here has blamed parents of the two-year-old girl who died on her way to Bhopal, for allegedly being negligent towards the plight of their daughter.
"We had referred the girl two days back to Bhopal but her parents did not reach there. An ambulance was provided by the hospital to shift the girl to Hamidia Hospital but the girl died on her way on Tuesday evening," said Sagar Hospital civil surgeon Dr Ajay Badonia.
Reacting to the alleged gang-rape of the girl`s mother by three sweepers on hospital premises on Saturday, Badonia said, "An internal investigation is on to find out the truth".
The woman had alleged that she was sexually assaulted by three sweepers -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- in a toilet of hospital premises on Saturday.
She had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her daughter for burn injuries.
The incident of the gang-rape came to the light three days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station, following which the trio were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday