Hospital blames rape victim, hubby for daughter`s death
Sagar: A top medical officer of a government hospital here has blamed parents of the two-year-old girl who died on her way to Bhopal, for allegedly being negligent towards the plight of their daughter.
"We had referred the girl two days back to Bhopal but her parents did not reach there. An ambulance was provided by the hospital to shift the girl to Hamidia Hospital but the girl died on her way on Tuesday evening," said Sagar Hospital civil surgeon Dr Ajay Badonia.
Reacting to the alleged gang-rape of the girl`s mother by three sweepers on hospital premises on Saturday, Badonia said, "An internal investigation is on to find out the truth".
The woman had alleged that she was sexually assaulted by three sweepers -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- in a toilet of hospital premises on Saturday.
She had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her daughter for burn injuries.
The incident of the gang-rape came to the light three days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station, following which the trio were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery