Hospital blames rape victim, hubby for daughter`s death
Sagar: A top medical officer of a government hospital here has blamed parents of the two-year-old girl who died on her way to Bhopal, for allegedly being negligent towards the plight of their daughter.
"We had referred the girl two days back to Bhopal but her parents did not reach there. An ambulance was provided by the hospital to shift the girl to Hamidia Hospital but the girl died on her way on Tuesday evening," said Sagar Hospital civil surgeon Dr Ajay Badonia.
Reacting to the alleged gang-rape of the girl`s mother by three sweepers on hospital premises on Saturday, Badonia said, "An internal investigation is on to find out the truth".
The woman had alleged that she was sexually assaulted by three sweepers -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- in a toilet of hospital premises on Saturday.
She had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her daughter for burn injuries.
The incident of the gang-rape came to the light three days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station, following which the trio were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda