Hospital blames rape victim, hubby for daughter`s death
Sagar: A top medical officer of a government hospital here has blamed parents of the two-year-old girl who died on her way to Bhopal, for allegedly being negligent towards the plight of their daughter.
"We had referred the girl two days back to Bhopal but her parents did not reach there. An ambulance was provided by the hospital to shift the girl to Hamidia Hospital but the girl died on her way on Tuesday evening," said Sagar Hospital civil surgeon Dr Ajay Badonia.
Reacting to the alleged gang-rape of the girl`s mother by three sweepers on hospital premises on Saturday, Badonia said, "An internal investigation is on to find out the truth".
The woman had alleged that she was sexually assaulted by three sweepers -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- in a toilet of hospital premises on Saturday.
She had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her daughter for burn injuries.
The incident of the gang-rape came to the light three days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station, following which the trio were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?