Huge cache of arms recovered, MP police arrest 17
Khargone: A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered and 17 people were arrested in four separate raids in the district, police said on Monday.
Two tribals are also among those who have been nabbed Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunil Jain said, adding that 12 country-made pistols, 20 semi-finished firearms and cartridges among others were recovered from the raids carried out on Saturday.
The accused have admitted that they were engaged in manufacturing arms and ammunition and were produced in a court which has remanded them to three days police custody.
Jain said the arrested people are being grilled to know if they had any inter-state links and whether the seized arms and ammunition were meant for supply to Bihar where assembly polls are due.
ASP said the raids were carried out at four places under Gogawa-Bhikangaon and Bhagwanpur police stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?