Huge cache of arms recovered, MP police arrest 17
Khargone: A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered and 17 people were arrested in four separate raids in the district, police said on Monday.
Two tribals are also among those who have been nabbed Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunil Jain said, adding that 12 country-made pistols, 20 semi-finished firearms and cartridges among others were recovered from the raids carried out on Saturday.
The accused have admitted that they were engaged in manufacturing arms and ammunition and were produced in a court which has remanded them to three days police custody.
Jain said the arrested people are being grilled to know if they had any inter-state links and whether the seized arms and ammunition were meant for supply to Bihar where assembly polls are due.
ASP said the raids were carried out at four places under Gogawa-Bhikangaon and Bhagwanpur police stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16