Huge cache of arms recovered, MP police arrest 17
Khargone: A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered and 17 people were arrested in four separate raids in the district, police said on Monday.
Two tribals are also among those who have been nabbed Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sunil Jain said, adding that 12 country-made pistols, 20 semi-finished firearms and cartridges among others were recovered from the raids carried out on Saturday.
The accused have admitted that they were engaged in manufacturing arms and ammunition and were produced in a court which has remanded them to three days police custody.
Jain said the arrested people are being grilled to know if they had any inter-state links and whether the seized arms and ammunition were meant for supply to Bihar where assembly polls are due.
ASP said the raids were carried out at four places under Gogawa-Bhikangaon and Bhagwanpur police stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown