I had an offer to join Jana Sangh in 1970: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh has revealed that he had an offer from Rajmata
Vijayaraje Scindia to join the erstwhile Jana Sangh in 1970.
Singh, who was addressing a gathering at a function to
mark the 75th birth anniversary of veteran BJP leader Kailash
Sarang here last evening, said that Vijayaraje had sent him on
a tour along with her son Madhavrao Scindia and Sarang
"Sarang either failed to convince me properly or I failed
to understand him and later joined the Congress," Singh
The former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said to a news agency on Sunday that apart from Sarang, another veteran BJP leader, Kushabahu
Thakre had wanted him to join the Jana Sangh.
"But I was not convinced by the two leaders and joined
the Congress," he said.
Singh insisted that there was no truth in reports that he
was a member of the Jana Sangh or any Sangh outfit ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof