I had an offer to join Jana Sangh in 1970: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh has revealed that he had an offer from Rajmata
Vijayaraje Scindia to join the erstwhile Jana Sangh in 1970.
Singh, who was addressing a gathering at a function to
mark the 75th birth anniversary of veteran BJP leader Kailash
Sarang here last evening, said that Vijayaraje had sent him on
a tour along with her son Madhavrao Scindia and Sarang
"Sarang either failed to convince me properly or I failed
to understand him and later joined the Congress," Singh
The former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said to a news agency on Sunday that apart from Sarang, another veteran BJP leader, Kushabahu
Thakre had wanted him to join the Jana Sangh.
"But I was not convinced by the two leaders and joined
the Congress," he said.
Singh insisted that there was no truth in reports that he
was a member of the Jana Sangh or any Sangh outfit ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena