I had written to PM in interest of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday rejected the charge that he had favoured policy changes in a letter to the Prime Minister while favouring a private company in allotment of coal blocks in his state.
"I had written a letter to the PM in the interest of my state and I have written several letters like this," he told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.
His reaction came when asked about his letter to the PM which was made public by Union Minister Kapil Sibal today.
In the letter, Chouhan had requested PM to approve use of excess coal from some blocks for new power plant proposed to be developed by Reliance Power Limited at Chitrangi Tehsil in the state.
The Chief Minister, facing heat ever since the CAG report on coal block allocation was tabeled in parliament, however, refused to comment further on the issue.
Addressing investors for development of renewable energy hub in his state, he referred to the swelling controversy over the coal block allocation issue, saying "renewable energy is the best option left for power generation as mining coal now would be next to impossible".
He said the dream of the government of providing electricity to every village by 2013 would be realised by 2013.
The chief minister said the state has prepared a roadmap with focus on infrastructure creation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui