I had written to PM in interest of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday rejected the charge that he had favoured policy changes in a letter to the Prime Minister while favouring a private company in allotment of coal blocks in his state.
"I had written a letter to the PM in the interest of my state and I have written several letters like this," he told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.
His reaction came when asked about his letter to the PM which was made public by Union Minister Kapil Sibal today.
In the letter, Chouhan had requested PM to approve use of excess coal from some blocks for new power plant proposed to be developed by Reliance Power Limited at Chitrangi Tehsil in the state.
The Chief Minister, facing heat ever since the CAG report on coal block allocation was tabeled in parliament, however, refused to comment further on the issue.
Addressing investors for development of renewable energy hub in his state, he referred to the swelling controversy over the coal block allocation issue, saying "renewable energy is the best option left for power generation as mining coal now would be next to impossible".
He said the dream of the government of providing electricity to every village by 2013 would be realised by 2013.
The chief minister said the state has prepared a roadmap with focus on infrastructure creation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- TIRUN announces maiden voyage of world's largest cruise ship
- Jayalalithaa takes oath as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Katrina Kaif looks as pretty as a picture on 'Jagga Jasoos' sets in Morocco! View pics
- If you think you are popular on social media then here’s a reality check