I-T Dept making selective leaks to defame BJP: Jha
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Friday hit out at the Income Tax Department for making "selective leaks" to the media following the raids on the companies owned by businessmen Dilip Singh Suryavanshi and Sudhir Sharma.
I-T department appeared to have malafide intentions of defaming BJP and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he alleged.
Instead of making "selective leaks", the department must hold a press conference and give details of what it had found in the raids, Jha said.
"The Income Tax Department, under no circumstances, has the power to do something which amounts to maligning of the image of a person or of a political party," he said.
BJP would take legal action if it did not hold a press conference and give all the information, Jha said.
Jha also stated that BJP had never taken funds from the two businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi