I-T Dept making selective leaks to defame BJP: Jha
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Friday hit out at the Income Tax Department for making "selective leaks" to the media following the raids on the companies owned by businessmen Dilip Singh Suryavanshi and Sudhir Sharma.
I-T department appeared to have malafide intentions of defaming BJP and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he alleged.
Instead of making "selective leaks", the department must hold a press conference and give details of what it had found in the raids, Jha said.
"The Income Tax Department, under no circumstances, has the power to do something which amounts to maligning of the image of a person or of a political party," he said.
BJP would take legal action if it did not hold a press conference and give all the information, Jha said.
Jha also stated that BJP had never taken funds from the two businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly