I-T Dept making selective leaks to defame BJP: Jha
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Friday hit out at the Income Tax Department for making "selective leaks" to the media following the raids on the companies owned by businessmen Dilip Singh Suryavanshi and Sudhir Sharma.
I-T department appeared to have malafide intentions of defaming BJP and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he alleged.
Instead of making "selective leaks", the department must hold a press conference and give details of what it had found in the raids, Jha said.
"The Income Tax Department, under no circumstances, has the power to do something which amounts to maligning of the image of a person or of a political party," he said.
BJP would take legal action if it did not hold a press conference and give all the information, Jha said.
Jha also stated that BJP had never taken funds from the two businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested