I-T official gets 3-yr sentence in DA case
Bhopal: A CBI court has awarded three years sentence to an income tax officer for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, in an 11-year old case.
CBI Special Court judge Rajiv Shrivastava, in his judgement on Monday, also imposed a fine of Rs 35 lakh on income tax assistant commissioner Suresh Kumar Soni, who is presently posted in Mumbai.
According to the prosecution, CBI had found disproportionate assets worth Rs 35 lakh from Soni`s house located at Ankur Complex here during search in September 16, 1999 when he was posted in Bhopal.
After an inquiry, a chargesheet was filed against him in 2001 and yesterday the judge announced verdict against Soni, after 11 years of hearing.
Soon after the judgement, Soni`s counsel sought time for appealing against the verdict in the High Court following which, court allowed him to file a fresh bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy