IAC terms action against Jal Satyagraha as inhuman
Bhopal: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Manish Sisodia on Thursday described as "inhuman" the Madhya Pradesh government`s action against the protesters yesterday at Khardana in the state.
"The action against the protesters who were standing in water for so many days was harsh and inhuman, and the government must clarify whether it is working for private companies or the people," Sisodia told reporters here.
Madhya Pradesh government yesterday forcibly removed a large number of protesters including women from Khardana, who were agitating against raising of water level of the Indira Sagar dam which has submerged the land in surrounding villages.
The villagers were demanding land in lieu of land, and reduction in water level till rehabilitation was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal