IAC terms action against Jal Satyagraha as inhuman
Bhopal: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Manish Sisodia on Thursday described as "inhuman" the Madhya Pradesh government`s action against the protesters yesterday at Khardana in the state.
"The action against the protesters who were standing in water for so many days was harsh and inhuman, and the government must clarify whether it is working for private companies or the people," Sisodia told reporters here.
Madhya Pradesh government yesterday forcibly removed a large number of protesters including women from Khardana, who were agitating against raising of water level of the Indira Sagar dam which has submerged the land in surrounding villages.
The villagers were demanding land in lieu of land, and reduction in water level till rehabilitation was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi