IAC terms action against Jal Satyagraha as inhuman
Bhopal: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Manish Sisodia on Thursday described as "inhuman" the Madhya Pradesh government`s action against the protesters yesterday at Khardana in the state.
"The action against the protesters who were standing in water for so many days was harsh and inhuman, and the government must clarify whether it is working for private companies or the people," Sisodia told reporters here.
Madhya Pradesh government yesterday forcibly removed a large number of protesters including women from Khardana, who were agitating against raising of water level of the Indira Sagar dam which has submerged the land in surrounding villages.
The villagers were demanding land in lieu of land, and reduction in water level till rehabilitation was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi