I`ll campaign against BJP: Lal Muni Chaubey
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Angry over denial of Lok Sabha ticket from Buxar in Madhya Pradesh, senior BJP leader and four-time MP Lal Muni Chaubey has announced to file his nomination for 2014 General Elections as an independent candidate on Monday.
Chaubey, who was elected for the first time from Buxar Parliamentary constituency in 1996 and represented the seat continuously till 2009, said he will not forget the unfairness meted out to Jaswant Singh and will campaign against the BJP now. He also said that he is not against any individual but the party isn`t specifying the criterion on basis of which it is giving ticket.
While expressing his resentment over giving ticket to Ashwini Kumar Choubey and not him, he had earlier said that he is hurt over the way the top leaders are being neglected by the party. He further added that Atal Bihari Vajpayee is being treated like a living dead and that Advani and Jaswant have been ignored.
He also pointed out that names of these leaders were not even taken at the election rallies being held across the country, and added that BJP was forgetting to uphold the tradition of showing `respect to the elders` for their contributions.
On the other hand, reports were doing the rounds yesterday that party president Rajnath Singh and Bihar in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan were said to be in continuous touch with Chaubey to ensure that he doesn`t leave the party.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them