Illegal weapons manufacturing facility busted in MP, nine held
Tikamgarh: Police on Monday busted an illegal weapons manufacturing facility in Palera town, about 75 kms away from the district headquarters, and arrested nine persons.
They also seized a number of illegally-made weapons, including 315 and 312 bore guns, and tools for making them, SP Amit Singh said.
The factory was raided on a tip-off and its owners, Jagdish Ahirwar, Mukesh Ahirwar and another person, identified only as Rajjan, were arrested. Six others were found working at the unit, he said.
Singh said that the accused had allegedly been selling the crude weaponry in Tikamgarh and Uttar Pradesh through their aides for the last three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video