Independence Day celebrated in MP
Bhopal: The nation`s 66th Independence Day was celebrated with gaiety and enthusiasm all over Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday.
The main function was held at the Motilal Nehru stadium near Lal Parade ground where state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan unfurled the national flag and took the salute at a march past by various forces.
On the occasion, Chouhan said Madhya Pradesh, which was earlier known as a "dacoit infested state", is now an "island of peace".
As per the national statistics organisation, the state`s economic growth last year was almost 12 per cent, while it had reached double figures in the last five years, he said.
Madhya Pradesh is on the path of increasing good governance which was helping the people, he added.
Reports of the day being celebrated in a grand way were received from all district headquarters of the state.
With a view to bringing brotherhood among all communities in the state, a `Paigham-e-mohabbat` rally was organised in Bhopal by city north Congress MLA Arif Aqueel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH