Indore cop shoots his mother-in-law to death for filing dowry case
Indore: Apparently resenting a dowry harrassment case filed against him, a police constable allegedly shot dead his mother-in-law on Monday with his service rifle and also injured two others, including his father-in-law, police said.
Later, constable Ashok Gathe (30), posted at Pandhrinath police station, also tried to kill himself with the same rifle and in the process got seriously injured, the police said.
Surprisingly, after piercing through Gathe`s body, the bullet hit another youth Amit Tiwari (25) who is also the son of a police constable.
The incident took place in Krishnabagh Colony area where Gathe opened fire at his mother-in-law Gaura (40) and father-in-law Mansharam Pagare (45), causing grievous injuries.
Gaura died on the spot while Pagare is undergoing treatment in a hospital.
Both Gathe and Tiwari are also undergoing treatment in a hospital, the police said.
Pagare`s daughter, Varsha, got married to Gathe in 2011 but due to alleged dowry harrassment, she left her husband`s place along with her one-and-half-year-old daughter and lived with her parents.
However, Gathe allegedly used to scold and abuse her even at her parents` residence, after which Varsha and her parents filed a dowry harrassment case against Gathe at Vijay Nagar police station.
The police suspect that because of this case he got very angry and took the extreme step.
A case has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter