Indore doctor kills four of his family, commits suicide
Indore: A 35-year-old doctor on Sunday allegedly killed his wife, her parents and their five-month-old daughter before committing suicide at his house here, police said.
The macabre sequence of events unfolded in New Palasia area, where Dr Rohit Dwivedi hacked to death his wife Dr Priyanka (30), her father G P Pandey (62), and her mother Gayatri (55), Additional Superintendent of Police Ramji Shrivastava said.
Later, he strangulated his infant daughter Sushi, and then hanged himself to death, Shrivastava said.
Police recovered a blood-stained surgical knife from the flat.
A 15-page letter was also recovered from the spot, in which Rohit mentions his strained relations with his wife, who basically hailed from Bihar, the ASP said.
In the letter, Rohit also apologises to his parents. He also left a few signed cheques in his father`s favour along with the latter`s mobile number.
Further probe is on into the case, the top police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police