Indore doctor kills four of his family, commits suicide
Indore: A 35-year-old doctor on Sunday allegedly killed his wife, her parents and their five-month-old daughter before committing suicide at his house here, police said.
The macabre sequence of events unfolded in New Palasia area, where Dr Rohit Dwivedi hacked to death his wife Dr Priyanka (30), her father G P Pandey (62), and her mother Gayatri (55), Additional Superintendent of Police Ramji Shrivastava said.
Later, he strangulated his infant daughter Sushi, and then hanged himself to death, Shrivastava said.
Police recovered a blood-stained surgical knife from the flat.
A 15-page letter was also recovered from the spot, in which Rohit mentions his strained relations with his wife, who basically hailed from Bihar, the ASP said.
In the letter, Rohit also apologises to his parents. He also left a few signed cheques in his father`s favour along with the latter`s mobile number.
Further probe is on into the case, the top police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter