Indore: Four criminals arrested, weapons, booty re
Indore: Police arrested four notorious criminals and recovered weapons, ammunition and stolen goods along with a car, in the wee hours Monday.
A revolver, a country-made pistol, five cartridges, a motorbike, a car, a laptop, and gold-silver ornaments were seized from them, said Superintendent of Police (East) OP Tripathi.
Praful Patil (31), `mastermind` of the gang`s operations, was wanted in a number of cases including murder, theft, and robbery in the state, and a warrant was pending against him, the SP said.
Other accused were identified as Pawan Khateek (29), Mahendra Sisodiya (45) and Kamal Nayak (35). All of them were from Indore, Tripathi added.
The four were travelling in a stolen Maruti car and had planned a dacoity when the LIG Police thana team intercepted them.
Police suspected them to have links with inter-state crime syndicates, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar