Indore: Four criminals arrested, weapons, booty re
Indore: Police arrested four notorious criminals and recovered weapons, ammunition and stolen goods along with a car, in the wee hours Monday.
A revolver, a country-made pistol, five cartridges, a motorbike, a car, a laptop, and gold-silver ornaments were seized from them, said Superintendent of Police (East) OP Tripathi.
Praful Patil (31), `mastermind` of the gang`s operations, was wanted in a number of cases including murder, theft, and robbery in the state, and a warrant was pending against him, the SP said.
Other accused were identified as Pawan Khateek (29), Mahendra Sisodiya (45) and Kamal Nayak (35). All of them were from Indore, Tripathi added.
The four were travelling in a stolen Maruti car and had planned a dacoity when the LIG Police thana team intercepted them.
Police suspected them to have links with inter-state crime syndicates, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report