Indore stabbing: `No ground to take action against cops`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Umashankar Gupta on Saturday gave a clean chit to policemen who allegedly failed to take a grievously injured youth to hospital in time, contrary to the allegations of his family.
"After Ravi Dangi (19) was stabbed, he was first taken to his house from where he was brought to Rajendra Nagar police station in Indore. From the police station, Ravi was taken to hospital in an ambulance within seven to eight minutes...There is no ground for taking action against police personnel," the minister said.
Ravi was stabbed on August 21 after he stood up to four youths who passed lewd remarks at a girl who was with him.
Ravi, profusely bleeding, was taken to Rajendra Nagar police station by his friends. His father Suresh Dangi later alleged that he lay bleeding for over an hour there, as police took time to complete formalities such as recording of statements. Ravi was then taken to a hospital, but succumbed to the injuries.
Gupta said some people have come up with fresh leads in the case that would be looked into.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Indore A Sai Manohar had yesterday denied the allegations of police inaction in Ravi`s death.
Police arrested Narendra Sen and Santosh Solanki on August 24 night in connection with Ravi`s death. Main accused Sanju German and Arun Bheel were nabbed earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why