Indore stabbing: `Police did not delay taking Dangi to hospital`
Indore: A senior police official on Friday gave clean chit to the policemen who allegedly failed to take a grievously injured youth to hospital in time.
Ravi Dangi (19) was stabbed in Rajendra Nagar area here on August 21 after he stood up to four youths who passed lewd remarks at a girl who was with him.
Ravi, profusely bleeding, was taken to Rajendra Nagar Police Station by his friends. His father Suresh Dangi later alleged that he lay bleeding for over an hour there, as police took time to complete formalities such as recording of statements. He was then taken to a hospital, but succumbed to the injuries.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) A Sai Manohar today said the allegation of delay was found to be incorrect.
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta had ordered a probe, and the probe officer said in his report that police made arrangements to provide immediate medical relief to Dangi, the SSP said.
Dangi was taken to the district hospital in ambulance and was given first-aid by the staff, while relevant papers were prepared in just five minutes. Later he was shifted to MY Hospital where he died, Manohar said.
Police, however, did not reveal the exact time of death.
Police last night arrested Narendra Sen and Santosh Solanki in the case. Main accused Sanju German and Arun Bheel were nabbed earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug