Indore stabbing: State govt orders probe, 3 held
Indore: It has been two days since a young man here bled to death while police allegedly frittered away time in completing paper work instead of shifting him to hospital.
The outrage over the police’s action is growing and the state Human Rights Commission has served a notice to the city police, seeking their response within seven days on the incident.
The state government has also ordered a probe into the incident.
Also, three suspects involved in the incident have been nabbed while hunt is on for the fourth one still absconding.
Ravi Dangi, in his early 20s, was brutally stabbed in Rajendra Nagar locality while resisting attempts by eveteasers to molest a girl accompanying him.
Dangi, along with his friend Ankit, took on the four youths who allegedly passed lewd remarks at the girl and tried to outrage her modesty.
The assailants mercilessly beat up Ravi and Ankit, both students of B.Com, before stabbing Ravi.
Bleeding profusely, Ravi was rushed to Rajendra Nagar police station by his friends.
His friends and family, including father Suresh Dangi, alleged that Ravi lay bleeding for over an hour as policemen completed formalities.
"My son would have survived if police had brought him to hospital quickly instead of wasting precious time in formalities," Suresh Dangi said.
Senior Superintendent of Police A Sai Manohar said IG, Indore, has also ordered a probe into the circumstances of Ravi`s death and if it was caused due to delay in shifting him to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!