Indore stabbing: State govt orders probe, 3 held
Indore: It has been two days since a young man here bled to death while police allegedly frittered away time in completing paper work instead of shifting him to hospital.
The outrage over the police’s action is growing and the state Human Rights Commission has served a notice to the city police, seeking their response within seven days on the incident.
The state government has also ordered a probe into the incident.
Also, three suspects involved in the incident have been nabbed while hunt is on for the fourth one still absconding.
Ravi Dangi, in his early 20s, was brutally stabbed in Rajendra Nagar locality while resisting attempts by eveteasers to molest a girl accompanying him.
Dangi, along with his friend Ankit, took on the four youths who allegedly passed lewd remarks at the girl and tried to outrage her modesty.
The assailants mercilessly beat up Ravi and Ankit, both students of B.Com, before stabbing Ravi.
Bleeding profusely, Ravi was rushed to Rajendra Nagar police station by his friends.
His friends and family, including father Suresh Dangi, alleged that Ravi lay bleeding for over an hour as policemen completed formalities.
"My son would have survived if police had brought him to hospital quickly instead of wasting precious time in formalities," Suresh Dangi said.
Senior Superintendent of Police A Sai Manohar said IG, Indore, has also ordered a probe into the circumstances of Ravi`s death and if it was caused due to delay in shifting him to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks