Indore`s special CBI court to hear IPS murder case on August 8
Indore: The Court of the Additional Sessions Judge (CBI) will hear the IPS Officer Narendra Kumar murder case, on August 8, in which Manoj Gurjar, a suspected mafia member, is the main accused.
The District and Sessions Court Judge SS Sisodiya forwarded the case to Special Judge (CBI) Anupam Srivastava who admitted and slated it for August 8, when the court is most likely to frame charges against the accused Manoj Gurjar, defence lawyer Mahendra Morya told reporters here on Friday.
Morya said he would move a petition under Section 91 of CRPC in the special CBI court, seeking copies of important documents mentioned in the CBI chargesheet.
On the next date, the special court would also take up the pending plea of deceased IPS officer`s father Keshav Das to re-investigate the case, Morya said.
Earlier on July 27, CBI Special Court Judicial Magistrate Dr Shubhra Singh had denied the plea submitted by the main accused and suspected mafia member Manoj Gurjar, for transfer of the case to Morena. She had referred the case to the District and Sessions Court Judge SS Sisodiya.
Gurjar allegedly mowed down 32-year-old Singh who was posted as sub-divisional officer of police (SDOP) at Barmore town in Morena district on March 8 last, when he tried to intercept a tractor-trolley laden with illegally mined stones.
The CBI has already filed the chargesheet in the case on June 6 and charged Gurjar under Section 304 (culpable homicide) and Section 353 (obstructing government work) of IPC and Motor Vehicles Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH