Industrialist Akansha Rathi died due to strangulation
New Delhi: Indore-based woman industrialist Akansha Rathi died due to strangulation but it is to be probed whether it was suicide or murder, one of the doctors who did the post-mortem said Saturday.
"Whether she had strangled herself or it was by someone else is a matter of investigation," Komal Singh, head of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital doctors panel which conducted the post mortem, told a news agency.
Asked whether any drugs had been found in Akansha`s viscera, he said: "It is yet to be examined."
On Thursday, a team of doctors of the hospital and police officers visited Akansha`s parents` house in Dwarka here where she was found dead in mysterious circumstances Oct 23.
The team collected samples of anti-depression drugs she was taking.
"The samples of the medicines and her viscera were sent to the Rohini Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL). The report will take some days to come," Promila Gupta, the hospital medical superintendent, told a news agency.
The post-mortem report will be handed over to police Monday, Gupta said.
Preliminary investigations by police indicated that Akansha had committed suicide by hanging. A chunni (long scarf) was found alongside her body.
She was the director at the Rathi Iron and Steel firm in Indore. She apparently went into depression after her husband died in September due to cardiac arrest.
Akansha then filed a dowry harassment complaint against her in-laws.
Anirudh and Akansha met in London when they were studying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore