Industrialist Akansha Rathi died due to strangulation
New Delhi: Indore-based woman industrialist Akansha Rathi died due to strangulation but it is to be probed whether it was suicide or murder, one of the doctors who did the post-mortem said Saturday.
"Whether she had strangled herself or it was by someone else is a matter of investigation," Komal Singh, head of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital doctors panel which conducted the post mortem, told a news agency.
Asked whether any drugs had been found in Akansha`s viscera, he said: "It is yet to be examined."
On Thursday, a team of doctors of the hospital and police officers visited Akansha`s parents` house in Dwarka here where she was found dead in mysterious circumstances Oct 23.
The team collected samples of anti-depression drugs she was taking.
"The samples of the medicines and her viscera were sent to the Rohini Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL). The report will take some days to come," Promila Gupta, the hospital medical superintendent, told a news agency.
The post-mortem report will be handed over to police Monday, Gupta said.
Preliminary investigations by police indicated that Akansha had committed suicide by hanging. A chunni (long scarf) was found alongside her body.
She was the director at the Rathi Iron and Steel firm in Indore. She apparently went into depression after her husband died in September due to cardiac arrest.
Akansha then filed a dowry harassment complaint against her in-laws.
Anirudh and Akansha met in London when they were studying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town