Industrialist Akansha Rathi died due to strangulation
New Delhi: Indore-based woman industrialist Akansha Rathi died due to strangulation but it is to be probed whether it was suicide or murder, one of the doctors who did the post-mortem said Saturday.
"Whether she had strangled herself or it was by someone else is a matter of investigation," Komal Singh, head of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital doctors panel which conducted the post mortem, told a news agency.
Asked whether any drugs had been found in Akansha`s viscera, he said: "It is yet to be examined."
On Thursday, a team of doctors of the hospital and police officers visited Akansha`s parents` house in Dwarka here where she was found dead in mysterious circumstances Oct 23.
The team collected samples of anti-depression drugs she was taking.
"The samples of the medicines and her viscera were sent to the Rohini Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL). The report will take some days to come," Promila Gupta, the hospital medical superintendent, told a news agency.
The post-mortem report will be handed over to police Monday, Gupta said.
Preliminary investigations by police indicated that Akansha had committed suicide by hanging. A chunni (long scarf) was found alongside her body.
She was the director at the Rathi Iron and Steel firm in Indore. She apparently went into depression after her husband died in September due to cardiac arrest.
Akansha then filed a dowry harassment complaint against her in-laws.
Anirudh and Akansha met in London when they were studying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe