Industrialist charred to death in car
Nashik: Local industrialist Richard Marshal D`souza was charred to death when his car caught fire here in North Maharashtra, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last evening near Goverdhane village when D`souza, Founder-Chairman of C&M Farming Company, was driving his Maruti 800 car, they said.
The 65-year-old suffered from physical disabilities in lower parts of his body and he had modified his car. He would operate brake and accelerator using his hands, police said.
He was proceeding towards his company when the car suddenly got engulfed in flames and he could not come out of the four-wheeler, they said, adding it was not yet known how the fire started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere