Ineligibility rule for discouraging child marriage dropped in MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Government today decided to change the rule which makes those getting married before attaining the required age ineligible for government job.
The decision was taken by the state cabinet at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan here.
"Child-marriage is arranged by the parents because of the prevailing customs; the children (who get married) have no role in the decision and they unnecessarily get debarred for government jobs because of the rule that was framed to discourage child marriages," an official told PTI.
The rule had been added to Civil Services Rules in 2000.
The cabinet also decided to set up new colleges at Shahgarh (Sagar district), Tendukhda (Narsingpur), Satwas (Dewas), Semaria (Rewa), Mangavan (Rewa), Batigarh (Damoh), Kusmi (Sidhi), Barela (Jabalpur), Akoda (Bhind), Chandla (Chhattarpur), Majhgavan (Satna), Uchehara (Satna), Gunnor (Panna) and Ladkui (Sehore).
An archery academy would be set up at Jabalpur, and archery training centres at Bhopal, Jhabua and Mandla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you