Ineligibility rule for discouraging child marriage dropped in MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Government today decided to change the rule which makes those getting married before attaining the required age ineligible for government job.
The decision was taken by the state cabinet at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan here.
"Child-marriage is arranged by the parents because of the prevailing customs; the children (who get married) have no role in the decision and they unnecessarily get debarred for government jobs because of the rule that was framed to discourage child marriages," an official told PTI.
The rule had been added to Civil Services Rules in 2000.
The cabinet also decided to set up new colleges at Shahgarh (Sagar district), Tendukhda (Narsingpur), Satwas (Dewas), Semaria (Rewa), Mangavan (Rewa), Batigarh (Damoh), Kusmi (Sidhi), Barela (Jabalpur), Akoda (Bhind), Chandla (Chhattarpur), Majhgavan (Satna), Uchehara (Satna), Gunnor (Panna) and Ladkui (Sehore).
An archery academy would be set up at Jabalpur, and archery training centres at Bhopal, Jhabua and Mandla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India