Intelligence warns of terror threat during IPL ties in Indore
Indore: Madhya Pradesh police have tightened
the security arrangements following an intelligence input that
terrorists may target the two IPL matches to be played at
Holkar Stadium here next week.
"We have got a generalised advisory from home ministry
that some terror group might become active during the IPL
matches," said Indore Range`s Inspector General, Sanjay Rana.
"We are taking all the measures to ensure peaceful
conduct of the matches," he added.
Rana, however, denied that any terrorist group had
threatened to attack during the matches so far.
He said the police intelligence wing had swung into
action and was gathering information.
Around 2,000 policeman, some of them in plain clothes,
would man the stadium security. Bomb disposal squad and
sniffer dogs too would be available.
Indore had witnessed some activity of the banned Students
Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) in the past.
Rana said that the state ATS was keeping an eye on the
people suspected to have links with SIMI and Indian
Mujahideens, as well as the members of these two organisations
who are in jail.
IPL matches are being played in Madhya Pradesh for the
first time. Kochi Tuskers will play against Kings XI Punjab on
May 13, and Rajasthan Royals on May 15 here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report