Intense cold conditions continue in MP
Bhopal: The entire Madhya Pradesh is facing intense cold conditions with chilly winds blowing over the northern part of the state.
MeT officials Monday said continued fog and cold wave brought a dip in the mercury following which Tikamgarh, Rewa and Khajuraho remained the coldest places in the state recording a minimum temperature of around two degree Celsius each.
Bhopal recorded the coldest day of the season yesterday with a minimum temperature 6.5 degree Celsius, while the maximum temperature in the capital was 20.4 degrees, which was five degrees below normal.
Other parts of the state remained extremely cold and the maximum temperatures there were three to eight degrees below the normal mark, officials said.
The maximum temperatures in Khajuraho and Gwalior were 15.4 and 14.5 degrees Celsius respectively, which were eight degrees below the normal level as icy winds were blowing in the region.
There will be no respite from the cold for a few more days and the state will continue to be under the grip of cold wave, the MeT officials said.
The minimum temperature in Gwalior was 4.6 degrees Celsius, Indore 6.8, Jabalpur 7.3 and Pachmarhi, the hill area, recorded 2.6 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam