Intense cold conditions continue in MP
Bhopal: The entire Madhya Pradesh is facing intense cold conditions with chilly winds blowing over the northern part of the state.
MeT officials Monday said continued fog and cold wave brought a dip in the mercury following which Tikamgarh, Rewa and Khajuraho remained the coldest places in the state recording a minimum temperature of around two degree Celsius each.
Bhopal recorded the coldest day of the season yesterday with a minimum temperature 6.5 degree Celsius, while the maximum temperature in the capital was 20.4 degrees, which was five degrees below normal.
Other parts of the state remained extremely cold and the maximum temperatures there were three to eight degrees below the normal mark, officials said.
The maximum temperatures in Khajuraho and Gwalior were 15.4 and 14.5 degrees Celsius respectively, which were eight degrees below the normal level as icy winds were blowing in the region.
There will be no respite from the cold for a few more days and the state will continue to be under the grip of cold wave, the MeT officials said.
The minimum temperature in Gwalior was 4.6 degrees Celsius, Indore 6.8, Jabalpur 7.3 and Pachmarhi, the hill area, recorded 2.6 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre