Intense cold sweeps Madhya Pradesh; Pachmarhi freezes
Bhopal: Intense cold conditions continued to sweep Madhya Pradesh with temperatures dipping to sub-zero levels in some regions of the state.
Hill Station Pachmarhi remained the coldest as mercury plunged below zero degree with a minimum temperature of minus two degrees Celsius, while Datia and Umaria shivered at 0.3 degrees Celsius, MeT officials said today.
Naugaon, Guna and Rewa came close with 0.5, 1.0 and 1.0 degrees Celsius respectively, officials said.
Umaria, Datia, Guna and Damoh districts were also reeling under acute cold conditions with temperatures hovering between a chilling zero to two degrees Celsius.
MeT sources said there will be no respite for another few days from cold winds coming from North and North-East.
The minimum temperature recorded at Gwalior yesterday was 1.1 degrees Celsius, while it was 3.4 at Ujjain, Bhopal -- 5.2, Indore -- 6.2, Khajuraho and Shajapur -- 1.9, Tikamgarh 2.0, Satna and Sehore -- 2.2, Rajgarh -- 2.5 and Raisen 3.0 degrees Celsius.
The entire Madhya Pradesh especially the North and North-Eastern part of the state had experienced foggy mornings and heavy frost for the last few days.
Bhopal also recorded the coldest day of the season yesterday with a minimum of 5.2 degree Celsius as chilly winds forced many to stay indoors.
Five persons had succumbed to cold in the state in the last one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal