Intense cold sweeps Madhya Pradesh; Pachmarhi freezes
Bhopal: Intense cold conditions continued to sweep Madhya Pradesh with temperatures dipping to sub-zero levels in some regions of the state.
Hill Station Pachmarhi remained the coldest as mercury plunged below zero degree with a minimum temperature of minus two degrees Celsius, while Datia and Umaria shivered at 0.3 degrees Celsius, MeT officials said today.
Naugaon, Guna and Rewa came close with 0.5, 1.0 and 1.0 degrees Celsius respectively, officials said.
Umaria, Datia, Guna and Damoh districts were also reeling under acute cold conditions with temperatures hovering between a chilling zero to two degrees Celsius.
MeT sources said there will be no respite for another few days from cold winds coming from North and North-East.
The minimum temperature recorded at Gwalior yesterday was 1.1 degrees Celsius, while it was 3.4 at Ujjain, Bhopal -- 5.2, Indore -- 6.2, Khajuraho and Shajapur -- 1.9, Tikamgarh 2.0, Satna and Sehore -- 2.2, Rajgarh -- 2.5 and Raisen 3.0 degrees Celsius.
The entire Madhya Pradesh especially the North and North-Eastern part of the state had experienced foggy mornings and heavy frost for the last few days.
Bhopal also recorded the coldest day of the season yesterday with a minimum of 5.2 degree Celsius as chilly winds forced many to stay indoors.
Five persons had succumbed to cold in the state in the last one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player