Inter-state robber arrested in Indore
Indore: An inter-state robber, who was on parole from Vadodara in Gujarat, was arrested by sleuths of crime branch here, police said today.
The robber, Jagdish alias Anga, was arrested yesterday and had been allegedly active in Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra, police said adding that he was being interrogated by crime branch officials at Kanadia police station.
The accused confessed his involvement in over half a dozen robberies including a few thefts, out of 60 cases lodged against him in Indore in the past, they said.
No stolen goods and jewellery were so far recovered from him, they said.
The crime branch was making contacts with their counterparts in Maharashtra and Gujarat to find Anga`s links.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar