IPS officer killed by mining mafia in MP
Bhopal: In a shocking incident, an IPS officer was allegedly killed on Thursday afternoon by the stone mining mafia at Banmore town near Morena district in Madhya Pradesh.
IPS Narendra Kumar was mowed down by a tractor laden with illegally-quarried stones when he tried to stop the vehicle.
"But instead of stopping, the driver ran over him. Kumar was rushed to hospital but died on the way," DIG (Chambal), DP Gupta said.
The driver of the tractor, Manoj Gujjar, has been arrested in connection with the alleged murder.
State Home Minister Umashankar Gupta confirmed the incident, saying action will be taken against the guilty. The minister added the state government has been trying to check illegal mining.
Kumar was a 2009 batch IPS officer and was on probation. He was posted at Banmore about 45 days back.
According to DIG Gupta, Kumar was a brave officer and had been trying to stop illegal mining in the area.
His wife Madhurani Tewatia, an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, is also posted in Madhya Pradesh but is presently on maternity leave in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof